We will start with an explanation of
current issues in database technology and
Turbo Data’s solutions.
Current issues in Big Data processing technologies
1. Processing speed is extremely reduced due to the massive volume of data
One issue is the inability to secure adequate processing speeds when processing Big Data using an ordinary database system. Under standard processing methods, speeds decrease rapidly as the volume of data increases. Even processings that can be completed in an instant with standard-sized data can take so long as to be impractical with Big Data.
2. Lengthy development processes for system integration and system upgrades
With an ordinary database system, it takes a long time to develop programs and complete other aspects of system integration. In addition, the system must be tested by processing Big Data with long time repeatedly. This too is a cause of lengthy system integration processes. Furthermore, adding functions to an existing system similarly takes a long time.
3.Difficulty of using Big Data on the Internet
The Internet makes it possible to use data such as text, images, and video from around the world and to combine data and services together (such as mashup technology). The ability to use Big Data from around the world as well, and to combine a number of sources of Big Data together, would result in considerable advances in our lives and industry. However, due to its massive size it is not practical to transfer Big Data at Internet transmission speeds because it takes too long. For this reason, at present it is not possible to take advantage of the true utility of Big Data through the Internet.
Turbo Data Laboratories’ technologies deliver a Solution!
Four strengths of its ultra-high-speed database technology.
1. Ultra-high-speed Big Data processing <to details>
We have developed a revolutionary database system with clear speed advantages, by rebuilding from the ground up the data structures and processing algorithms of in-memory databases that improve on the speed of relational databases. This technology delivers speeds 20 or more times faster than Spark, known as an ultra-high-speed database. The speed advantages are even greater when used with Big Data. <To benchmarks>
The high speed of this Zap-In Technology delivers strengths such as the following:
– Ultra-high-speed database processing, enabling speeds 10-1000 times those of an ordinary database system, or 100,000 times faster in case of JOIN processing.
– Since its processing time is proportional to the volume of data (order(n)), the speed advantages are much greater with use of Big Data.
– High-speed data loading, making it possible to load original data files at speeds an order of magnitude faster than those of ordinary databases.
Use of this Zap-In Technology delivers advantages such as the following to businesses that use databases:
– Speed and qualitative improvements to business operations. For example, by enabling totaling of data that had been conducted once a month on a daily basis instead, adapting to changing circumstances and decision-making can take place very rapidly. The quality of business operations can be much improved as well.
2. System integration over a short timeframe through automated programming <to details>
When the operator uses the mouse to process data in the spreadsheet-type user interface, at the same time those actions are recorded and converted into program source code. This results in a database processing program for performing the task, enabling system integration with no need for programming. Furthermore, since database processing takes place at ultra-high speed, debugging too can be conducted quickly and with a high degree of efficiency. As an example, Zap-In Technology has been used to complete in three days what would take more than one month using an ordinary database system.
Furthermore, operators who use the database in everyday business can add new functions themselves as needed by this automatic programming function. This enables operations using databases to advance at very rapid speeds, by eliminating the need for program development of additional functions and similar requirements.
3. High-performance, high-speed business intelligence functions <to details>
Our solutions can be used as business intelligence systems delivering unprecedented combinations of high performance, ultra-high speeds, and quality.
- The ease of use of standard business intelligence tools
- The high performance of a specialized database system and compatibility with large-scale data
- The usability of a spreadsheet application (such as Excel)
- Ultra-high-speed processing
4. Use of Big Data on the Internet <to details>
We have developed Zap-Over Technology to enable true use of “Big Data on the Internet.”
While Big Data has not been well suited to use on the Internet until now, Zap-Over Technology offers the following technologies:
- Minimizing the volume of data transfer over the Internet during database processing
- Minimizes the load on Big Data servers
- Makes it possible to merge/join multiple sources of Big Data through the Internet